A new Pinballesque build is up:
- I’ve redone the flipper physics so that they no longer glide frictionlessly under the ball. (Setting a Box2D rigidbody’s velocity directly is more respectable than teleporting its position. Using forces was simply too laggy)
- The flipper bases now have nubbins on the end opposite the flipper to stop the ball from rolling off.
- Added gamepad controls. I’ve only tested them on a 360 controller so far. Gamepads give you the ability to move the two flippers independently.
- Flippers can now cross the center-line by a smidge, to help out when you lunge with the wrong flipper.
- Mouse sensitivity is now consistent between different resolutions.
- The combo blocks now have symbols associated with them to make it easier for colour blind folks.
- I animated the combo blocks entering the combo stack. I use a depth mask above and below the stack and suspect it may cause compatibility problems. Let me know if you see blocks poking out the end.
- Added light effects when you collect a combo block.