I’ve put up a new version of pinballesque.
- The game now has ramps, as I mentioned in the last post. Still have a few sorting issues with the visuals.
- I’ve redone the multi-level table, which is the one to play if you want to try out the ramps. It’s lit and rendered now, and this time in a glowy, emissive style rather than shiny look I used in table 1.
- I’ve made some colours inherently more valuable than others (Later in the rainbow is higher). This means the top half should be much higher scoring than the lower half. It also gives me the capability to give higher rewards for harder shots. Unfortunately it adds another multiplier to explain and at present the UI isn’t doing a good job of explaining how it arrives at the score. I’ve also made some internal preparations for the goal system.
- I’m prompting to user to hit a go button before launching the ball. My hope is that it gives people a chance to familiarise themselves with the flipper controls before being under pressure to keep the ball in play.
- I’ve tweaked the trajectory hint visuals so it’s clearer that you’re seeing an angle range available at that flipper position, and also the angle you’ll get if you flip right now.